BECOME A MEMBER
Be part of our province-wide network.
Joining Our Membership
By joining Arts BC you become a part of a growing network of over 350 members within the arts and culture sector from nearly 105 communities across the province. Our membership is open to any group or individual that supports the objectives and values of Arts BC.
- Sharing knowledge in an open and transparent way with respect and integrity.
- Encourage forward-thinking by being creative in our work and amplifying new ideas.
- Making a difference by equipping our provincial network with the tools they need.
- Higher standards in the delivery of our work to improve community arts and cultural practices in BC.
- Stewardship in upholding open and inclusive province-wide conversation in arts and culture matters.
- Strive to challenge and reduce barriers to services and opportunities, while advocating for equity, diversity and accessibility in our work and across the sector.
Why Become a Member?
Not sure if our membership is right for you? We firmly believe that you can benefit from our membership if any of the following are important to you, your work, and community:
- My organization, business, or association is a vital part of the arts and culture ecosystem.
- I am an independent artist, creator, or consultant.
- I am looking for tools and support to excel at arts and cultural leadership.
- I am interested in peer support and knowledge exchange.
- I am interested in community cultural development both at home and across the province.
- I want to connect with my peers from across the province – to share, to learn, to listen, and to celebrate the arts in BC.
To learn more about our membership and the benefits we offer, visit our Overview & Benefits page.
Ready To Join?
We’re currently offering COVID relief. To ensure our resources are available to as many individuals and organizations as possible, we are offering new and existing members a lower-tier fee option providing a 1-year membership from the purchase date at a reduced rate to those who need it.
More information on how to access this relief is provided upon registration, in the application form.
If you or your organization has not felt the financial burden of the pandemic, we urge you to pay the full membership fee. Your support helps everyone in our sector, so please only take advantage of this offering if you or your organization requires it.
Select Your Membership
We offer two membership types. Organization Membership and Individual Membership, each with varying price points. Our Organization Membership is intended for those representing an organization, business, group or collective. While our Individual Membership is for folks who identify as self-employed creators or artists, consultants, or any individual wishing to support the work of Arts BC.
Membership for Non-Profit Arts Organizations, Arts, Cultural and Heritage Centres, Agencies, For-Profit Entities, Local Governments, etc.
Membership for Self-Employed Creators, Independent Artists, Consultants, Freelance Arts & Culture Workers, Volunteers etc.