Community Cultural Forums
ARTS BC IS PLEASED TO OFFER COMMUNITY CULTURAL FORUMS TO SELECT COMMUNITIES IN FALL 2017. OUR COMMUNITY CULTURAL FORUMS ARE PART OF OUR KNOWLEDGE SHARING SERVICES WE OFFER TO HELP BUILD THE CAPACITY OF ARTS AND CULTURE LEADERS IN COMMUNITIES AROUND THE PROVINCE.
Community Cultural Forums are designed to be day-long sessions of learning (think: mini-conference) tailored to your arts and culture community’s needs.
Topics include, but are not limited to:
- Board Governance Training and Models
- Get it in Writing: Collaborator’s Contracts, MOUs, Fee for Service and Operating Agreements
- Engagement in the Arts: Directions
- What’s Ahead in the New Arts Era
- Festivals and Events— How to Start, Grow and Manage Them
- Cultural Planning— Understanding Cultural Ecology of Communities
- Building Volunteer Programs
- Development and Fundraising (includes Sponsorship)
- Working with Local Government
- Non-Profit Insurance 101
- Social Entreprise and Financial Strategies
- Organizational Assessment: Important Tools To Know