COMMUNITY CULTURAL FORUMS
Knowledge-sharing for arts and cultural workers.
Community Cultural Forums (CCF) are part of our knowledge-sharing services where we offer skills and capacity-building opportunities for those working in arts and culture across British Columbia.
About the Forums
Throughout the year, we deliver a unique programming series known as Community Cultural Forums both virtually and locally in BC communities. These forums are designed to be short sessions of professional development and learning that address sector needs, or are tailored to a specific arts and culture community. With each session, we invite industry leaders to lead workshops and seminars, and share insight behind their practices.
Key topics we cover include but are not limited to:
- Board Governance Training and Models
- Equity, Anti-Racism, Decolonization
- Engagement in the Arts: Directions
- What’s Ahead in the New Arts Era
- Festivals and Events— How to Start, Grow and Manage Them
- Cultural Planning— Understanding Cultural Ecology of Communities
- Building Volunteer Programs
- Development and Fundraising (includes Sponsorship)
- Working with Local Government
- Non-Profit Insurance 101
- Social Enterprise and Financial Strategies
- Organizational Assessment: Important Tools To Know
- Get it in Writing: Collaborator’s Contracts, MOUs, Fee for Service and more
Host Your Own #CCF
Interested in bringing our CCF experience to your community? Arts BC will work closely with you in designing tailored sessions, selecting speakers from our Insight Team and other leading practitioners, facilitating on-site, and evaluating. This is an effective way to generate collective dialogues, access to shared learning and community-building.
To host a forum, fees often include speaker fees, venue rental charges (where applicable), and travel costs depending on location. Please note that catering services are typically covered via a low registration fee, while costs identified above may be partially or fully covered by the local municipality, or by group contributions.
If you would like to learn more about how to organize your own Community Cultural Forum together with us, please contact [email protected]
Please note that due to the ongoing travel restrictions as a result of the pandemic, we’re temporarily unable to offer onsite services. If you’re interested in hosting a forum online, please connect with us to discuss how we can best adjust our forum experience to meet your community needs virtually.