THURSDAY OCTOBER 17 PRE-CONFERENCE PRO-D INTENSIVES
Sessions will run from 9:30am to 4:00pm at the Kelowna Art Gallery and Kelowna Downtown Library.
Lunch will be provided.
REFUND POLICY: All registrations are final. Arts BC will not issue refunds or transfers after payment is made.
Click to open Registration Form
Full Day Marketing Intensive for Arts Organizations
9:30 a.m. to 4:00 pm
Kelowna Art Gallery
This workshop is tailored to non-profits, arts groups, individual artists, and small businesses that have an established social media presence, but perhaps could use a boost to continue to expand.
Learn to make your social media routine more effective and efficient, to broaden your reach, and to engage more deeply with your existing audience.
The day will be split into four separate presentations, with a break for lunch and a wrap-up question period.
In this fun, accessible and interactive workshop, you will learn how to:
- Make social media platforms work for YOU
- Understand and optimize your Facebook Business Page
- Understand how to take your Instagram and Instagram Ad to new heights
- Create easy, engaging and impressive content that WORKS
- Develop your brand narrative and connect it to your community!
About The Instructors
Evie is an innovative arts administrator from Australia, with over 6 years of experience, delivering online communications, strong social media campaigns & niche art & culture event services. After completing her Advanced Diploma in Music Business from CMIT Perth, Western Australia she developed skills & relationships to produce large outdoor music events. Evie is currently the Marketing Coordinator for Island Mountain Arts (ArtsWells Festival), is the Assistant ED for Tiny Lights Festival and is a Trainer for BC Touring Council.
With 7 years of success marketing niche events, artists and ideas to international audiences, Zan is Rhythm Club’s resident enthusiasm expert. She specializes in creative, connective marketing campaigns that increase sales, grow community and push good into the world. Zan currently works in media and marketing with many events, festivals, record labels, artists and businesses up and down North America’s west coast.
About Rhythm Club
Rhythm Club is a digital marketing agency that specializes in educational workshops and intensive training for artists, entrepreneur and not-for-profit organizations. Built on the concept that a dash of experienced advice and a little planning will allow you to spend less time agonizing over marketing, and more time for your passion. We promote all genders, LGBT+, race, religion and orientation equally & excellently and respectfully honour the original custodians of Canada, the first nations people.
Morning Workshop: Advanced Governance: Strategic and Generative Conversations
9:30 a.m. to 12:30 p.m.
Kelowna Downtown Library
Move beyond fiduciary check-lists and tap into the collective insights, experience and creativity of your board through generative and strategic conversations.
Drawing on the Governance as Leadership framework, this master-class will provide you with a strong foundation to shift the focus of your board conversations toward the issues that really matter. Learn how to incorporate generative and strategic conversations into your board culture, gain tools to work towards consensus decision making, and transform the impact of your board conversations.
By the end of this session you will begin to:
- Synthesize and apply principles of the Governance as Leadership framework to your board design and meetings
- Feel empowered to implement meetings tools that support complicated and complex conversations at the board table
- Identify concrete steps you can take immediately to build your capacity to increase board engagement in strategic and generative governance
- Differentiating between fiduciary, strategic and generative modes of governance
- Preparing your team with tools to understand and embrace a shift from oversight to inquiry
- Strategies to develop the governance capacity to have conversations of consequence around the board table
Afternoon Workshop: Operational Planning Bootcamp
1:00 p.m. to 4:00 p.m.
Kelowna Downtown Library
Develop your annual operational plan alongside a not-for-profit expert
Bring along some of your current strategic goals and get in-session time to develop your operational plan under the guidance of our facilitator. You will get a chance to review several examples of a strong operational plan to better apply the principles to your own organization.
Through this boot camp you will:
- Identify key strategies and activities your organization needs to complete over the coming year to achieve the priorities in your strategic plan
- Identify the skills, expertise and resources required for your organization to succeed
- Learn how to boost organizational capacity by incorporating volunteer positions into your operational plan
- Establish indicators of success and metrics to track your progress
You will be provided with:
- a selection of operational planning templates
- supporting resources
About Vantage Point
Transforming Not – For – Profit Leadership
A Vancouver-based, not-for-profit organization, Vantage Point focuses on high value, immediately applicable, capacity-building for not-for profit leaders—board directors, executives and other senior team members.
We’ve earned our reputation through providing immediately applicable, interactive learning, and over seven decades of innovation and collaboration. We lead by example, growing Vantage Point as a living laboratory that shares and practices a spirit of abundance.
- BC ARTS COUNCIL: COVID-19 - Message from the BC Arts Council Chair, Susan Jackson- Dear colleagues in the arts and cultural sector in B.C., If you have not yet read the letter from the Honourable Lisa Beare, Minister of Tourism, Arts and Culture I would encourage you to take the time to do so.