SAVE THE DATE! The next Community Cultural Forum is scheduled for Thursday, October 4 in Rossland, B.C.
Join your West Kootenay colleagues for a full day of learning and networking! Arts BC is working with the Rossland Museum to bring a Community Cultural Forum to the City of Rossland, the gateway to the Kootenay Rockies. Community Cultural Forums are part of our knowledge-sharing services designed to help build capacity of arts and cultural leaders in communities around the province. Think mini-conference without the expense!
Learning opportunities at the Community Cultural Forum include:
- Cultural Development and Planning: Participants will learn more about the cultural planning process – what it is, how it works, and how to address your community’s cultural development needs in a strategic way.
- Strategic Partnerships and Collaborations: Designed to support organizations build collaborations and partnerships with others in their community and region, this topic will help you understand the difference between collaboration and partnership, why you need to collaborate and partner, the art of building alliances and how to make them work.
- Cultural Roundtable (lunch session): Participants will share stories, knowledge and ideas to help support collaboration and build a shared vision and understanding of culture.
- Volunteer Management: Learn strategies and best practices designed help with the organization, recruitment, retention and management of volunteers.
- Policies and Procedures — What you need to know: Learn more about the policies and procedures you need to help provide clear protocols for consistency in your organization.
The location for the Rossland Community Cultural Forum has yet to be confirmed. More details will be made available as soon as all planning has been finalized.
Be sure to make your calendar and check back here for updates! We hope to see you there!
For more information, please contact [email protected].