BC Arts Council Strategic Opportunities Grant
The Strategic Opportunities program assists B.C. arts and cultural organizations undertake significant strategic projects to address artistic and organizational opportunities and challenges, including:
- support for the creation of new work (including commissioning and collaboration);
- innovation in or enhancement of programming activity;
- capacity building;
- organizational transition; and/or
- investment in small capital projects (facilities or specialized equipment).
Proposals made to this program should be able to demonstrate a high level of organizational self-assessment and self-representation; clearly articulate the conceptual and strategic rigour, risk and innovation in the project; and define the relationship between the proposed project and the organization’s history, mandate, ongoing activity and strategic trajectory.
Successful applications will address challenges and opportunities in one or more of the various aspects of the organization. Projects should fall into one of three categories:
- Artistic Capacity
- Organizational Development and Transition
- Capital Projects
The maximum award available through this program is $30,000.
Application Deadline: July 2
More details are available on the BC Arts Council website.