Building digital-ready organizations and arts practices.
Developed in collaboration with its audience, and designed in partnership with Nordicity, Arts BC’s DigiStarts Program will assess and determine the current levels of digital literacy understanding and learning needs among BC arts and culture workers. Using the information from these workshops, we will design and offer a series of learning opportunities from community forums carried out around the province to webinars and web-based support materials.
Our goal is to build digital literacy; developing strategic digital thinking in arts organizations around the province and cultivating creative ecosystems in communities–bridging arts and culture with technology and entrepreneurship, and other sectors.
Fall/Winter 2018 Digital Literacy Workshop Series
- Arts BC’s DigistARTS workshops are designed to help BC arts organizations and artists:
- Get comfortable with digital (if you’re not already) and determine your learning needs.
- Think strategically about the role of digital tools in your organizations (and/or practice) and the evolving opportunities offered by digital developments.
- Raise awareness about the ways to optimize digital tools and approaches which respond to current trends, such as: audience engagement and development, marketing and communications, content development, organizational effectiveness, partnership brokerage, fundraising, etc.
During these workshops, participants will:
- Learn about the DigistARTS project;
- Discuss the future of digital;
- Identify local opportunities, challenges and gaps;
- Discuss the top priority digital literacy needs and most relevant learning approaches.
For more information, or to schedule a workshop, please contact [email protected]
- BC ARTS COUNCIL: COVID-19 - Message from the BC Arts Council Chair, Susan Jackson- Dear colleagues in the arts and cultural sector in B.C., If you have not yet read the letter from the Honourable Lisa Beare, Minister of Tourism, Arts and Culture I would encourage you to take the time to do so.